Bach to Rock vs. School of Rock
We’re transforming music education on a national scale
For a music education franchise, Bach to Rock has a unique — and remarkably effective — approach to learning music. Students are encouraged to have fun while they explore and learn the kinds of music they love, whether it’s rhythm and blues, jazz, classical, punk or pop. The Bach to Rock method includes a proprietary curriculum, music teachers who are skilled professional musicians, and instruction that blends individual lessons with playing alongside other music students in ensembles, bands, glee clubs and other groups.
A closer look at Bach to Rock compared with School of Rock
While Bach to Rock and School of Rock are both franchised music education schools that provide music lessons, camps and bands for students, there are differences between the franchises. Here are a few:
- Bach to Rock offers exposure to all forms of music — Top 40, classical, hip-hop, blues, country, gospel, jazz, a cappella, bluegrass, electronica, choral music and more. The focus is on what kind of music the student loves and responds to.
- School of Rock is heavily focused on rock music. The School of Rock website lists the following rock and blues related musical styles as an emphasis — classic rock, funk, reggae, heavy metal, alternative, indie and progressive rock. [Source: School of Rock website]
- Bach to Rock offers military veterans 50% off the franchise fee and waives the royalty fee for six months.
- School of Rock offers a 10% discount off the initial franchise fee for qualified veterans. [Source: IFA]
- Bach to Rock: 7% franchise fee, liquid capital of $100,000 and a total investment of $241,500 to $531,500. The initial franchise fee is $40,000.
- School of Rock: 8% franchisee fee, liquid capital of $100,000 and a total investment of $192,000-$422,000. The initial franchisee fee is $49,500. [Source: The Franchise Mall]
- Bach to Rock offers music education to all ages. Revenue comes from individual and group lessons, branded merchandise, parties and corporate events and recording studio rentals.
- School of Rock is designed as an after-school program for young people. Revenue comes from individual and group lessons and branded merchandise. [Source: School of Rock website]
Five Reasons to Join Bach to Rock
1. We’re industry game-changers
Bach to Rock is reinventing music education on a national scale. In the process, we’re creating an unprecedented music education opportunity. We’re tapping into one of the most underserved segments in the franchise industry — music education. Rather than boring students with traditional music lessons, we’re empowering them to discover the music they love and to perform in public with their peers.
2. We’ve got major backing
Our parent company, CIG, has invested more than $20 million in Bach to Rock to create a scalable business that translates into a reputable nationwide franchise system. We have several highly successful schools on the Eastern seaboard, and we have franchised schools from coast to coast. With a goal to build a system that’s 500 strong by 2024, Bach to Rock and CIG are committed to a unified vision. It’s the kind of partnership most emerging franchises can only dream of.
3. Our curriculum can’t be duplicated
We’ve spent years developing a remarkably unique and effective — and proprietary — approach to teaching music. The Bach to Rock method engages students of all ages from the very first moment they begin lessons, keeping them interested long after they would have given up on traditional instruction. We offer kids exposure to all forms of music — Top 40, classical, hip-hop, blues, country, gospel, jazz, a cappella, bluegrass, electronica and even opera.
4. Great for multi-unit and investor owners
We’ve designed the Bach to Rock music school franchise to be a worthy brand that allows investors to give back to their communities, dramatically improve the lives of young people and explore the potential for a high rate of return on reasonable investments. Our business model is suited for the music lover who’s passionate about enriching his or her community and helping educate children. We’re ideal for the savvy investor who understands that the timing for the unique kind of music education opportunity presented by Bach to Rock has never been better in this country. We’re also ideal for the experienced investor who appreciates the revenue potential of opening several units.
5. We’re fun!
The Bach to Rock music school franchise is a good business to invest in based on our financial merits alone, but we’re also fun for everyone involved — owners, investors and consumers. We’re about profitability, but we’re also about kids and families having a great time in their neighborhoods and communities. We’re a feel-good brand. We’re guiding our students through learning music and showing them how to have fun doing it.
Interested in starting a Bach to Rock franchise?
Bach to Rock franchise is one of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies — named to Inc. magazine’s annual Inc. 500|5000 list for three consecutive years. We have corporate-owned schools — two in Maryland and four in Virginia — the first of which opened in 2007. The first Bach to Rock franchised school opened in 2013, and there are now seven franchise schools in New York, Pennsylvania and California. Several more franchise schools are in the pipeline, and the company expects to triple in size by 2015.
To find out why we are the nation’s leading music education franchise, visit our research pages. If you would like to read a Bach to Rock franchise review, please visit our blog. To learn even more, fill out a form to download our free franchise report and someone will call you to start a conversation. We look forward to speaking with you!